My name is Joseph Delgado. I'm a 21 year old computer-science major from Saddle Brook, New Jersey. I've been coding, making games and apps since I was a kid.
For work experience, check out my resume: (PDF / Google Docs)
You can reach me at email@example.com
- WIP VR mod for Frictional's Penumbra: Overture
- Hand tracking for interaction, item use, and UI
- UI/notifications reprojected in 3D space
- Fully stereo-compatible renderer
- Built with OpenVR (Oculus or Vive)
Duck Hunt VR
- Solo project made in 24 hours for GGJ 2016
- Built for DK2/Razer Hydras in UE4
- Mod for GTA: V that adds OpenVR/hand tracking support
- Hooks D3D11 and the game's renderer to dump frames to headset and sync to 90hz
- Experimental reprojected stereo from depth buffer for minspec GPUs
- Racing wheel support with force feedback
- Supports guns, melee weapons, driving, cutscenes
- Download Alpha 0.1
- Free running game, speedrunning custom levels in multiplayer for unlockables
- Started as a homebrew game for the PSP, became a PS Vita title under PS Mobile
- Runs on the CSL engine on the PSP, and a home-built engine in C# on the Vita
- Engine was later ported to Android/iOS
- Cancelled because of school/work obligations
- Homebrew game engine for the PSP
- Used by various homebrew games on the PSP
- Quake-based, with many enhancements for modern games and the PSP's proprietary GPU
- Hardware rendering with tons of new graphical features:
- Hardware skinned animations using IQM format
- Bloom/Color grading using the PSP's MediaEngine coprocessor
- Compressed/paletted textures
- Bezier curved 3D patches
- Enhanced particle system
- Rich font rendering
- Half-Life/Quake 2/Quake 3 map support
- Local predicton for networked games
- Killzone's keyboard layout for chatting online
- Clientside scripting language derived from QuakeCode
- Complete reverse engineering of Graal Online
- Client in video is my in-progress client developed for mobile and PC
- Contributed 8 years of work to Graal Online servers and Graal Reborn
- OpenGS1 scripting language re-implementation
- Years of contributions to OpenGraal/GS2Emu, the server emulation project
- Created alternate SDK (RC2, pictured) for developing levels, animations, and scripts and uploading assets to the game server.
- Helped reverse engineer the Graal network protocol and scripting language
- Multiplayer 4-player Bomberman minigame for Graal Online
- Powerup drops
- Customizable bombs
- Seasonal themes, with different gameplay twists
- Built for a Halloween event and expanded upon later
- Homebrew platformer for the 3DS
- Made from top to bottom including engine and assets over Thanksgiving weekend
- Made as a proof-of-concept for GPU-accelerated homebrew
- A pet project started after meeting a friend with one hand
- More efficient, customizable layout allows me to reach 90+ WPM with just one hand
- Allows disabled users to replace expensive hardware with free, open-source software
- Various experiments done for fun in short periods
- In-game D3D-hooking overlay for Windows tablets, for touch controls
- Remote gaming from PC to PS: Vita
- 2D lightmaps for Graal Online
- Vector graphics rendering in Graal Reborn
- Mega Man recreated in Graal Reborn
- Helmet-mounted camera made from Android phone, 3D-printed case
Audible - Software Engineering Intern - Feb. 2015 - Mar. 2016
- Bootstrapped and created FireTV client for Audible.
- Worked on the Windows 10 app for Audible and integrated build/validation server.
- Implemented Audible X-Ray integration, similar to X-Ray for Kindle E-Books.
- Learned to work with massive teams, proprietary technologies.
- Learned to work with with massive companies, codebases, and proprietary technologies.
Activu - Software Engineer - Feb. 2012 - Dec. 2014
- Created video packetizing software for live streaming H264 from embedded platforms
- Implemented proprietary remote access protocol optimized for various platforms.
- Utilized the GPU to improve performance of proprietary PC-based tools.
- Helped develop transcoding and multiplexing servers for live streams.